PO Box 950
Pulaski, WI 54162
Updated July 2023
This privacy notice for Maverick Hunting, LLC (doing business as Maverick® Hunting) (“Maverick® Hunting,” “we,” “us,” or “our“), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or disclose (“process“) your personal information when you use our services (“Services“), such as when you:
• Visit our website at maverickhunting.com, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
• Our social media pages on third-party social media platforms, email, text, and mail
• Engage with us during any offline business interactions, including any sales, marketing, or events
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect different types of information about you, including information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you (known as “personal information”). This includes information that we collect directly from you, through automated collection technologies, from other sources, or personal information we derive based on other types of personal information we collect.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of personal information. Note that not all categories may be collected about every individual:
• Identifiers (e.g., name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, IP address, email address, customer number, and other online identifiers)
• Commercial Information (e.g., transaction information and purchase history records of products considered or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, reviews you submit)
• Internet or Network Activity (e.g., browsing history, interactions with our website, clicks)
• Geolocation Data (e.g., device location)
• Professional or Employment-Related Information (e.g., work email)
• Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile about, for example, an individual’s preferences (e.g., preferences, interests, and characteristics)
• Sensitive personal information (in limited circumstances and described further below)
Business Contacts, Vendors, and Contractors. As included in the categories listed above, we also collect limited personal information from our business contacts, vendors, and contractors. For example, we collect name and business contact information from each our business contacts, vendors, and contractors for the purpose of initiating, operating, managing, and maintaining our business relationships. For our business contacts, such as our dealers, we may also collect purchase or consuming histories as part of that relationship.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information you provide to us, such as your name, phone number, and email address, for instance when you:
• Sign up to receive updates, special promotions, sweepstakes, campaigns, or newsletters from us by text, email, or postal mail
• Respond to a survey
• Create an account on our website
• Contact customer service
• Purchase or register a product
• Connect with us on social media
• Leave a review on our website
• Execute a contract or initiate a business relationship
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain personal information through a variety of different means (e.g., tracking technologies) when you access or use our Services, including:
• Device and Network Information. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access our Services. For example, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your computer or mobile web browser or your internet service provider. This information typically includes your device’s hardware model, browser type, IP address, operating system version, language settings, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, how your device interacts with the Services, network information, and mobile network data.
• Location Information. This website collects real-time information about the location of your device. You can choose whether to allow the website to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
• Usage Information. We and our service providers and third parties may collect information about your user activity of our Services and browser habits via cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies about your online activity, and interactions with our emails, online, and mobile advertisements. Examples of such information include your access dates and times, pages or screens viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the routes by which you access our Services, searches you conduct on the Services, information about your activity on a page or screen, your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services, and information about your interactions with our emails or social campaigns.
Collection of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not ask you to provide, and we do not knowingly collect, any sensitive personal information (as defined under the CCPA, VCDPA, and other US privacy laws) from the typical consumer as part of the Services (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership). Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information on or through the Services or otherwise to us. In very rare circumstances, we will ask that you provide us with sensitive personal information in the form of a 1099 form solely for the purpose of legal matters to allow us to facilitate sweepstakes and giveaways of Maverick® Hunting products above a certain monetary value. In addition, to participate in an investigation of unlawful conduct (e.g., fraud or counterfeiting), we may collect any personal information permitted by law, which, depending on the details of a particular investigation, could include any category of sensitive personal information.
We do not “sell” or “share” sensitive personal information about Californians within the meaning of the CCPA and other US privacy laws, and do not use “sensitive personal information” for any purposes that are incompatible with the disclosed purpose for which it was collected or other than those permitted purposes authorized by US privacy law.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We and our service providers, contractors, and third parties use your personal information for the following purposes:
• Provide, operate, and maintain our website
• Fulfill orders and process returns that you have ordered or requested, and to communicate about such orders or returns
• Enable and improve customer service and address your questions, suggestions, compliments, or complaints
• Communicate with you, including sending you important information regarding the website or terms, conditions, policies, recall information and/or other administrative information
• Share reviews, testimonials, or other user-generated content
• Register you for a maverickhunting.com account and communicate with you about your account and activities on or in connection with the Services
• Deliver marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you
• Administer sweepstakes, contests, and promotions, including special discounts for friends and family, professionals, and military personnel, veterans, nurses, first responders and government officials
• Learn about customer trends and interests
• Personalize digital content
• Create inference data about you and your interests
• Fraud prevention, security, and asset protection
• Enable our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products and services, identifying usage trends, enhancing this website, improving our services
• Comply with a legal matter
• Initiate, operate, manage, and maintain our business relationships
• For any other purpose, with your consent where appropriate
We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer reasonably identifies you or any other individual.
Disclosing, Sharing and Selling Your Personal Information
We may disclose, share, or sell your personal information to service providers, contractors, and third parties for business purposes to the following categories:
• Service providers engaged by us to facilitate a service on our behalf, such as order fulfilment, customer service, payment processing, and other services.
• Contractors that provide consultancy and advisory services, such as our third-party auditors.
• Analytics, marketing, and advertising partners, such as performance marketing partners, database marketing partners, and social media providers, for the purpose of marketing services and products you might want.
• Joint marketing partners where we may from time-to-time partner with another brand or retailer or other party to offer services, products, events, and promotions on a co-branded or cross-promotional basis. The information you provide in connection with our Services may be collected directly by, or shared with the partner, as well as with any participating sponsors or advertisers of such services.
• Entities involved in a business sale or similar transaction where we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies.
Sharing and Selling of Personal Information
We do not sell consumers’ personal information for money. However, some US state laws broadly define “sales”, and certain sharing activities described below may therefore be considered a sale under certain privacy laws even though we do not receive any financial compensations from third parties in exchange. Instead, we do share certain personal information in exchange for insights and other valuable services. We also share personal information for the purpose of cross-contextual behavioral advertising (also known as “targeted advertising”) i.e., for the purpose of sharing advertisements with you based on personal information collected from your activities over time.
Your browser may also offer a way to activate the Global Privacy Control signal (“GPC”). Our website treats qualifying browsers for which the user has activated the GPC signal as having opted out of what CCPA calls a “sale” of any California personal information that is collected on that site from that browser using cookies and similar technology. You can override that treatment for a GPC-enabled browser by using the cookie controls available from the website’s footer, or by disabling GPC in your browser and clearing your cookies.
Securing Your Personal Information
We seek to use various organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about security on our site or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us.
We determine retention based primarily on the type of record being retained. However, because a particular category of personal information may appear in different types of records, each with different retention periods, it may not be possible to specify a universal retention period for each particular category of personal information. Instead, the criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
• The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
• Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
• Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
The following are ways we provide you with control over your personal information:
• Access. You have the right to know and request that we disclose certain personal information we hold about you, as well as details about whether and to whom your personal information was disclosed, shared, or sold (including the type or category of information disclosed) subject to certain exceptions.
• Correction. You have the right to request that Maverick® Hunting correct any inaccurate personal information that we maintain, considering the nature of the personal information and the purposes of its processing. You can also review and change your personal information by signing into your account and visiting your “My Account” page. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
• Opt-Out of Email Communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any Maverick® Hunting marketing email. Please allow 10 days for the change to take effect. Note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you transactional emails, from which you cannot opt-out.
• Opt-Out of Text Communications. You can opt-out of receiving further marketing text messages via the Messaging Service by responding to any of our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT.
• Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information as defined under certain California or Virginian privacy laws (and the use of your personal information for certain targeted advertising activities) as described in more detail below. If you would like your opt-out request to extend to personal information that we or third parties collect on our website using cookies, then, from each browser you use to visit our website, please reject all cookies, except those which are strictly necessary, by toggling them off or clicking the “Reject All” button at the “Cookie Settings” link at the bottom of our website. However, please note that this selection is made at the browser and device-level and may need to be re-selected if you later clear your cache or use a different browser or device.
• Deletion. You have the right to request that Maverick® Hunting and its service providers and contractors delete any of your personal information that we collected from or obtained about you, subject to certain exceptions.
• Close Your Maverickhunting.com Account. If you wish to close your maverickhunting.com account at any time, please contact us.
• Manage Tracking Technologies and Advertising. We use several modern marketing tools in support of our advertising. You can manage how your device, mobile browser, and other devices share information with our website, as well as how your browser handles cookies and other tracking technologies to collect information in connection with our Services and our advertisements.
o We may work with third-party advertising companies that collect and use information about your online activities across sites over time, to deliver more relevant advertising when you are using our Services and elsewhere on the Internet. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and certain opt-out options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (thenai.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (aboutads.info). We do not control these opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs, and we work with some advertising companies that don’t participate in those programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. Opting out may make the ads you see across the internet less relevant to you.
o You may be able to block cookies on your browser. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. However, note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain Services features or offerings.
You are also provided the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights. Except for most opt-out requests, we cannot honor your request (such as to provide you with requested personal information) if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
The verifiable consumer request must:
• When appropriate, provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative (e.g., name, email, mailing address).
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
You may designate an agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We reserve the right to take steps to verify the identity of the agent, and that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf. Such steps may include requiring that the agent submit a copy of a qualifying power of attorney or requiring you to confirm the request with us directly. For legal and security reasons, we do not accept requests that would require us to visit an agent’s website.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and Terms of Service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.